[EnergyPlus_Support] WINDOWS 6.2 / thermal and optical properties of a facade system with metal grid on the outside

Dear Energy+ Users,

This is not the right forum, but if any of you is familiar with WINDOWS, here are some questions. Thank you to anyone could help.

I am trying to calculate with WINDOWS 6.2 the  thermal and optical properties of a facade system. The system is composed by a double pane glass and an exterior shading system. The shading is parallel to the facade plane, it is 750 mm (2'6") detached form the glass and it is made by a metal grid with openness factor that could range from 30% to 60%. The goal is to see how the component properties are varying depending on different grid's opening factors.

By doing that I have encountered these issues:

1) Here in Italy the standard for glass calculation is the EN410 is there any way to use it with WINDOWS 6.2? I have tried to copy the EN410 standard zip file from the Windows knowledge base into the suggested folder but I am not seeing how it is then possible to select it for the calculations.

2) Is there any settings available to automatically use Environmental conditions as defined in EN410?

3) For some reasons, depending on the Environmental Conditions that I am selecting, there are some results in the calculation that are N/A. Any explanation?

Any type of help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Emanuele

--
Emanuele Naboni - www.e3lab.org - info@xxxxxxxxx
MArch, PhD Building Science, LEED AP, EU licensed architect

per l'Italia: 346.4133337
from US: +39.346.4133337
skype: emanuelenaboni