RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] import an idf file to designbuilder

If you know how to use the Macro in EPlus, all you need is to enter one macro  line with the Zone name  and the two diagonally opposit coordinaates of the wall. The macro expension program will place the numbers in the proper order, and prefix the zone name to each macro object name.

Of course, you would need to define the internal, external, partition, ceiling and floor objects first in the Macro file format once, with the names that you wanted to customize.

 Dr. Li

To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: giannakis.georgios@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 10:04:21 +0200
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] import an idf file to designbuilder

Dear Emanuele,

I have already spent 2 days trying to draw the building into DB. As you said it is more easy and let me say more entertaining than the drawing into energy+(in order to create a wall you have to give the 3 coordinates for the vertices which are consists of that wall).

The truth is that, it would be easier to import an gbxml but as a new researcher I dont have 6000 euros to spend.

I appreciate the time you spent to give me any answer.
Thanks,

Giorgos