Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Specify two hot water systems, use only one

Hi,
Yes it is doable, though not without some external programming effort from your part. For my MS thesis I had to do something similar to yours with hybrid GSHP. I had to work with 6 different idf and select one of them based on the optimization variable input. Are you using GenOpt? Here is what I did:

I wrote an external program which does following things:
  - Read the variables that optimization program wrote fro next run
  - Depending on the variables determine which file to run?
  - Once the file is determined run a batch file which renames the selected file to in.idf, chane the weather file also if required and runs the E+ exe.
  - After E+ finishes run, post process the eso.

The optimization program must use this external program for function evaluation purposes and not E+.

Hope I am clear. My MS thesis is available here:

http://www.hvac.okstate.edu/research/Documents/Sankar Thesis.pdf

Other students in our group have done similar work with other simulation environments like HVACSim+. You can get their thesis also on our website http://www.hvac.okstate.edu/theses.html

Thanks
Sankar