From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ylinenergy
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2010 9:06 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] air infiltration questions

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help me with my Energy+ model.

I modelled a small low energy bungalow house in the UK climate with floor area around 100m2. The building fabric has very high performance (U value <0.13). There are totally three zones in the model. I put ideal loads system in the model, and the setpoints for heating is 19C. The results I got it much higher than I expected. It is around 350kwh/m2 for heating loads. I think I must have done something wrong in the model.

I put 0.25ac/h as design flow rate in the Zone infiltration section. I assumed 0.25ac/h is reasonable value for an air tight house. However, if I changed the figure to 0.5, the heating loads jumped to 780kwh/m2. If I changed the figure to 0, the heating loads is just 26kwh/m2. Can anyone suggest the reasonable ac/h value for a well air tight house? I assumed the input figures in Design Flow rate here is the infiltration rate through air leakage and not consider the natural ventilation. Is that right?

I did free running the model, and the average indoor temperature is about 10C, more less the right value, I think.

Can anybody suggest what might be wrong here?

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Yuan