[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: problem with design builder modelling

In Design Builder: I would recommend using the templates where ever possible. If you change the fields below the template, it overides that value in the model. Rather open the template, make your change their and reload that template into the model in all the zones to which it should apply by double clicking on it. "Bold" text means you've overridden a template value. It will be used instead of the template value.

Default values are usually based on current American or Brittish standards and available statistical information normally applied to office buildings. You should check which is applicable to your situation. For example office loads of 15 W/m² are often assumed in the UK, but may be completely different in China.

Also, see using legislation templates for templates.