[EnergyPlus_Support] solar collector panels

hello everyone,

I am trying to incorporate a solar panel on the roof of a house. I've tried to do so using the shading group tool in sketchUp. And this appeared under the shading:building:detailed parameter under the IDF editor. Should the panel appear under that category? And i've tried drawing the panels on the roof  in sketchUp, Should the panels be on the roof or slightly elevated from the roof. What is the shade of the panels? should it vary as different views are taken of the house? or should it be a constant color?

If anyone can get back to me ASAP or if you need any more information to help you to help me. Feel free to email back.

thank youuu
hafizah