[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: EPW created with MN6

When you chose EnergyPlus as the output format, you had to make sure the extension is .EPW.  (You could just rename your .dat file to .epw).

When I create .EPWs in Meteonorm, I do two more things:
1. I edit the file (notepad is fine) to make sure the country abbreviation is in the correct spot.  Normally Meteonorm puts it in the field just after the location name.  That's the state/province field.  I also use a 3-letter abbreviation where Meteonorm uses 2-letter (3-letter abbreviations from the ISO standard).

2. I then run it through the EnergyPlus Weather Converter.  This creates the .audit, .ddy, and .stat files.  It also inserts the 2009 ASHRAE Fundamentals design conditions--if there are any.