[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Problems with Heat Pump AirToWater

Mr. James V Dirkes II

I´m glad and aprecciate your atention gave in this simulation!

I understand what you mean and I agree with you when I talk about HeatPump:WaterToAir, but in this case it´s AirToWater, I will explain below.

About the heating system, In my simulation I have an Heat Pump Water Heater, this object provides a model taht is compound object consisting of a water heater tank, a direct expansion (DX) "coil" and a fan to provide air flow. In my case the location of DX Coil compressor it´s outdoor and the water heater tank it´s located in the zone.

Following the documentation and the example file (HeatPumpWaterHeater file) I don´t have use AirLoopHVAC, because in the field of Heat Pump Water Heater I connecting the three components (DX Coil, Water Heater tank and a fan.

My question it´s still I have use an AirLoopHVAC, since the DX Coil has been connected to the WaterPumpWaterHeater!? Now I´m a little bit confused... Can you explain better this procedure...

Thanks for your support and atention!

Best Regards