[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: File - SERVICE - Meteonorm Weather Files
- To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: File - SERVICE - Meteonorm Weather Files
- From: "frorv" <m0rph3r@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 16:54:09 -0000
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 10:54:40 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1270140879; bh=rCLtw8xPjDMmamWrUkOhWMmvWFSTi+EddmHHcYoAmjQ=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:In-Reply-To:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=WdJcwAf/HTXm+FskpASANkaH97TmKbYT+6CT1Smm/UxFzmJw0HFT3Wkcz+skyzV8tDMgTg7fTVYcCM7I9W/+NhgbWly2cRpLIrfPB9GxDh/gC6dsr+SD7aKWsPsd1NaL
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=lima; d=yahoogroups.com; b=AMKhVAvwjleACTtOiDgkqbOZ4Kut9FzwfxiJZ4ieWDqYePQR4me0+J3jljCHHzdHfHnnhv8R2qJIXW5EkJwNbwjeXiT8+irO+3nx1QWac3fhEqOqsC4jAOfIVRTQCgxf;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportfirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: eGroups-EW/0.82
I would like to request this service for 2 locations, if that's alright. The locations are:
Name of Location: Aveiro (Portugal)
Time Zone: GMT
Name of Location: Setúbal (Portugal)
Time Zone: GMT
Thank you very much, in advance, for this service!
PS: I do have some hourly weather data on these places, but it is not in E+ format and i do not know how to deal with it. Will it be of any use for you anyway?
--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> What weather data should you be using for energy simulation? Paper:
> Drury B. Crawley. 1998. "Which Weather Data Should You Use for Energy Simulations of Commercial Buildings?" in ASHRAE Transactions, pp. 498-515, Vol. 104, Pt. 2. Atlanta: ASHRAE. (PDF 197 KB)
> PDF: http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/pdfs/bibliography/whichweatherdatashouldyouuseforenergysimulations.pdf
> Weather Data.
> You will need to supply:
> Name of Location
> Latitude (N+/S-)(decimal format preferred)
> Longitude (E+/W-)(decimal format preferred)
> Time Zone (+/- GMT)
> Elevation (meters)
> And you should be aware of Meteonorm limitations:
> Meteonorm extrapolates hourly data from statistical data for a
> location. Where statistical data aren't available, Meteonorm interpolates
> from other nearby sites. Generally a statistical approach is a last resort--
> weather files generated from statistics will not demonstrate the normal
> hour-to-hour and day-to-day variability seen in measured data.
> Each .ZIP includes a .STAT (EnergyPlus weather data statistics), .EPW
> (EnergyPlus weather file), and .INFO (Information about the source data and
> limitations from Meteonorm).
> IN ALL CASES, YOU SHOULD REVIEW THE .STAT FILE FOR THE LOCATION BEFORE USING
> ANY OF THESE FILES TO ENSURE THAT IT REPRESENTS THE CLIMATE OF THE LOCATION AS
> YOU UNDERSTAND IT. IN MANY CASES, A NEARBY LOCATION WITH MEASURED DATA MAY BE
> MORE APPROPRIATE THAN ONE DERIVED FROM STATISTICS.
> YOU USE THESE FILES ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
> As always, if you know of sources of weather data that we might be able to
> share with the EnergyPlus community, please contact us.
> EnergyPlus Development Team
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: