[EnergyPlus_Support] E+ 5.0 - buoyancy and stratification?

Hello,

I'm working on natural ventilation under hot climat conditions. An important point for indoor confort in summer is thermal inertie of the construction. Usually, the benefits of a concrete floor are overestimated in comparison to a heavyweight ceiling.
The reason, at least from what I understood, is that air stratification is not considered in the room model. Air temperature is the same allover the volume (a single node) and a coold floor will have (almost) the same benefit as a coold ceiling.
Is there any progress in the new 5.0 E+ version?
Does anybody knows a trick to overcome this limitation?

Matthias Richter
midi-enr