[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: solar panel mounting

PV works best when it is cooled by being mounted off and above the roof at a 5:12 pitch facing due south - east - west. So it is ideal to mount them with the roof slope on brackets that withstand wind forces of 150 MPH.  South is prefered. West is best for pool heating or for utility high demand offset.  Figure 80-90% efficiency...(depending on the panels & inverter).  You may need a different inverter for the different angles (make sure you do not waste PV in shaded areas of the roof and keep it 3' from the roof edge).

Also, include in the specs that the installers keep the panels covered until the wiring is done to prevent inadvertant electrocution of the installers.

Net metering with Utility is best, then you don't need expensive battery back-up.  Depending on how much rooftop real estate you have the home could produce income for the super energy efficient homes.