[EnergyPlus_Support] RE: Window Night Insulation

I'm trying to simulate the influence of heavy drapes in a hotel room as the window night insulation. They are scheduled at night time (as they are in hotel rooms).

I was expecting to see some kind of influence of the drape in the energy loads. For my surprise I can't get any influence at all. It is the same to have or not the drape.

The drape is defined with a very low (or very high) conductivity (wanted to see if this have any influence).

I also tried to define the drape as internal shade or internal blind. No help either.

I'll appreciate your help on this one: how can the night insulating effect of a drape can be defined (needless to say that is for the window and not for the wall)?

Best,

-A.

Dr. Abraham Yezioro D.Sc.

ayez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Faculty of Architecture and Town Planning

Technion - Israel Institute of Technology

Tel: 972-4-8294044/13 Cel: 972-544604484

Fax: 972-4-8294617

Web: http://ayezioro.technion.ac.il/

,___