Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Help with Design day.

On 6/13/2010 12:19 PM, jlcvrosa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to size a chiller but i´m having some problems with the sizing period and the schedules to use.
> In the SizingPeriod:Design Day, what is the difference between choosing SummerDesign Day or for example Wednesday? I think that if i choose Wedneday the program will assume the values in the schedules for ocupation, ilumination and equipment as a normal weekday. I´m i right?

Yes. The purpose of SummerDesign is to allow you to specify special
schedules that are used only in the sizing calulation. For instance,
I use the normal week day schedules for occupancy, lights, equip etc but
I use flat (no set back or set up) schedules for the zone
thermostats.
> Also in the SizingPeriod:Design Day if i choose SummerDesignDay, i need to put this type of day in my sechedule, like "Through: 31 Dec  For: Weekdays SummerDesignDay...."? In the schedules if i have "For:AllOtherDays" this will also include de design days, SummerDesignDay and WinterDesignDay?

Yes.
> One last question. It is possible when calculating the design loads to account for a heat recovery system?

The design loads can't model this..