Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] editing weather file

I don't know if DB's hourly weather converter is the same as the Weather program that comes with EnergyPlus or not.

We describe this, either in the Auxiliary Programs manual or the Tips & Tricks document, I can't remember.

The general procedure is:

Convert from the EPW to the EnergyPlus CSV format (This is a csv format but is recognized by EnergyPlus Weather Converter and has special headers to make it easier to change data).

Change what you need to in Excel.  Save it as a CSV format.  When Excel tells you you may lose formatting -- ignore it and save it anyway.

Now read it back through the EnergyPlus Weather Converter (or DB Hourly weather converter) and save it as an EPW.

It should be ready to read with the new data.  You may have to look a the DataPeriods header (using a text editor) as sometimes Excel will change 1/1 - 12/31 to a Month (which if not English the programs won't recognize).

If you have more problems send the files to the helpdesk.