[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: [openstudio-support] OpenStudio 1.0.5 Build 362 Large Variation in Results from CTF vs CFD model

Josh,
This was happening already in v4. I tested it a bit and concluded there was a bug in the CFD algorithm. No indication is given in the release notes of v5 about it having been addressed, so I guess the bug is still there. But maybe somebody involved with the development can confirm.
Regards,

En/na Josh Doerr ha escrit:
I am working on a residential model that I want to compare impacts of phase change materials inside the building envelope. The attached files for this project are the same model with only the CTF and CFD Heat Balance Algorithim varying between the two models.

I ran the simulation for the warmest week for the model, and found a large discrepancy (CTF half as much total [J] compared to CFD) in the Zone/Sys Sensible Cooling Energy.

I am currently running a simple Ideal HVAC system with constant thermostat setpoints of 18°C and 25°C.

The yearly simulation models attached were ran with the timestep set to 60 ( each minute analyzed), and the results were output as hourly totals.
Any insight into why the Zone/Sys Sensible Cooling Energy varies greatly between these two models would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Josh Doerr

--
Josh Doerr

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ThinkGeek and WIRED's GeekDad team up for the Ultimate GeekDad Father's Day Giveaway. ONE MASSIVE PRIZE to the lucky parental unit. See the prize list and enter to win: http://p.sf.net/sfu/thinkgeek-promo

Jaume Salom

Xavier García Casals

Tel: (+34) 91 843 19 85
Móvil: 660 22 94 45