Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] which modeling software is the best for export to Energy Plus?

Depends..

If you don't really need self shading and thermal mass doesn't play to big of an option in relation to solar. You could simply not use geometry at all and specify your zones with volumes and heat transfer surface areas...Like EE4 does for DOE 2.1. Linda gave me that tip on this forum a while back.

If geometry is important. DesignBuilder has a great GUI for 3D, but when exported to an IDF file the naming convention for the surfaces and zones can be a bit confusing..(they enumerate the components. )

Sketchup is getting a lot better. Takes a little longer to put a model together than DB. But usable.