RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] New and learning

Please post your IDF to the this group or EPlus support.

There is not enough information in your mail to solve your problem.

 Dr. Li

To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: mechecoinc@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 19:41:27 +0000
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] New and learning

After several years of following, I finally get to try the software out (Version 5.0.0.035). I am using AutoCAD MEP 2010 (not Revit) to generate a gbXML file. I then run it through AutoDESK's Green Building Studio website. From the website, I can export to an idf file. I then than the translate program to verify that the idf is per version 5. I run the simulation and it goes through, one major error. I try to import into the idf file generator, and I get an e-mail saying that it failed.

My model is a simple Amtrak car with guessed geometry, people loads, etc. All values were input into MEP. I am trying to get an output for the cooling load. Any help would be appreciated.

Ruben

Your Photo on Bing.ca: You Could WIN on Canada Day! Submit a Photo Now!