[EnergyPlus_Support] Energy Plus vs TRNSYS

Hello,

New to Energy Plus, I learn how to use the software by simulating a basic building (parallelepiped with windows and internal gains). I use HVAC template HVACTemplate:Zone:IdealLoadsAirSystem to determine heating and cooling needs.

To confirm my simulation, I have a reference building simulation done under TRNSYS.

For the weather file, I have used the weather converter tool (provided by E+) to convert a .tm2 file into a .epw one.

My results show a big difference in the cooling need between the 2 simulators. After investigation, it appears that the zone solar transmitted energy results could be the reason for this difference. E+ computes around 15% more
solar transmitted energy than TRNSYS.

As the windows characteristics are identical between both simulators, I am wondering if the weather files are really identical? How can we be sure that they are identical?

What should I check if the problem is not related to the weather files?

Many thanks for your help.
Herve