Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Energy Plus vs TRNSYS

A comparison of TRNSYS, EnergyPlus and 18 other simulation programs was
completed in 2005.  That report is available here:
<http://www.eere.energy.gov/buildings/tools_directory/pdfs/contrasting_the_capabilities_of_building_energy_performance_simulation_programs_v1.0.pdf>http://www.eere.energy.gov/buildings/tools_directory/pdfs/contrasting_the_capabi\
lities_of_building_energy_performance_simulation_programs_v1.0.pdf

Since then, a large number of new features have been added to EnergyPlus
(in versions 1.2.3, 1.3, 1.4, 2.0, 2.1 and soon 2.2):
<http://www.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/features.html>http://www.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/features.html

As to free interfaces, there is now the Sketchup plugin, the
EnergyPlus example file generator and others.
Look at: http://www.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/interfaces_tools.html

Read the Getting Started manual introduction and the Engineering
Reference introduction for a description (in detail) of how EnergyPlus works.

Linda