[EnergyPlus_Support] RE: 2.5 year run

As far EMS, calling the Built-in function @FatalHaltEp should shut down the simulation gracefully with standard reporting intact. The built-in variables "Year" and "DayOfYear" would be helpful. There is an example file called EMStestMathAndKill.idf.
From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Edward G. Lyon [eglyon@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2010 9:12 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] 2.5 year run

I would like to run a model with 2.5 years of actual weather data in one pass (stopping to warm up again is not a good option).  It appears from what I’ve read that I can run 3 years (integer value for number of times run period repeated).  I did not find an EMS component that could stop the run without crashing it, which I assume means no data processing.  Running 3 years takes between 5 and 7 hours depending on the machine I use so there is some time savings if I can clip 0.5 year off the calculation.  Anyone have a suggestion?

Ned Lyon, P.E. (MA)
Staff Consultant

SIMPSON GUMPERTZ & HEGER
     | Engineering of Structures and Building Enclosures

41 Seyon Street, Bldg. 1, Suite 500
Waltham, MA 02453

781.907.9000 main
781.907.9350 direct