[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: PSZ-AC w/district heating? AirLoopHVAC:Unitary:Furnace:HeatCool only has gas or

Mr. Dirkes,

I'm also having trouble pinning down the required efficiencies.

I'm guessing the following at the moment:
System Type: Packaged rooftop air conditioner
Fan Control: Constant Volume
Cooling Type: Direct Expansion (DX)
Cooling Capacity: (zone dependant, ranging from 5.2 kW to 0.1 kW)

Min Efficiency Requirements as per Table 6.8.1A Air Conditioners,
Equipment Type: Air Conditioners, air cooled (as DX coils are air cooled),
Size Category: <19 kW (rated cooling capacity?),
Heating Section Type "All"
Subcategory or Rating Condition: Single Package
Minimum Efficiency (cooling?): 3.18 SCOP (as of 1/23/2006)

Heating Type: Normally Fossil fuel furnace, but as per Treatment of District or Campus Thermal Energy in LEED V2 and LEED 2009 ? Design & Construction, August 13 2010 ? Purchased District Heating

Heating Capacity: (zone dependant, ranging from 4.4 kW to 0.1 kW)

What will the heating coil efficiencies be? I see options for implementing cooling coil efficiencies (using the modifier curves as per DOE-2.1E) and part load functions, but not for a hot water coil. Is there any requirement for how much heat must be transfered from the coil to the air?