RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Fan Coil Night time Cycling

Good point!  I’m not sure why a fan coil requires a constant volume fan, but that’s apparently the case.

How about using a ZoneHVAC:UnitHeater?  Heat transfer will be the same and the fan can be “On/Off”.  This only works for heating, not cooling.

Another possibility to get cooling capability is a UnitVentilator.  You’d have to define it with no outdoor air and a variable volume fan. If you make the variable volume fan coefficients proportional to load (100% load = 100% power, 50% load = 50% power, etc., it should end up very close to On/Off operation.

The Building Performance Team
James V. Dirkes II, P.E., LEED AP
1631 Acacia Drive NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504