Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Energy Plus Support help

Availability managers only act on fans or pumps since these are the prime movers for a loop. The last paragraph in the engineering reference overview for the system availability managers states this.

The actual action of turning on or off a loop is taken by the loop prime movers: fans for AirLoopHVACs and pumps for plant loops. For instance when a fan is deciding whether it is on or off, it checks its on/off schedule and whether the loop availability status flag is CycleOn or ForceOff. If the schedule is on and the status flag is ForceOff, the fan will be off. If the fan schedule says off and the status flag is CycleOn, the fan will be on. Thus the availability managers overrule the fan on/off schedule

You will have to use some other method to control your coil. One method may be to use the EMS system to override the cooling coil outlet node temperature set point schedule value (e.g., high value when off, usual value when on). See the EMS documentation and example files starting with EMS* for more information.