[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] How to start
- To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] How to start
- From: reza m <reza.energy@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 18:17:19 +0100
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 10:17:52 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1291310271; bh=HTJMbiEcVrjgFbQ5oCdN1DYri/FacFNzMrrlbRgXM6A=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:References:X-Google-Sender-Auth:Message-ID:To:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-From:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=fEpdeSNOK7+DSuUt12q9bXO/aViJMWsqdMFJSgU7p+wLNV3CggVLOZUBAjrWFfwuQCzS4I7Rw+jeW3W/GPVImsVu0eqchHpnrhsgVKI8083X/WzFp97jGGQaj8vKI2ye
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=lima; d=yahoogroups.com; b=uO433a1gzlqTQ3CV0xd/cqYmUevneD3Q4hUs/408ZLWba+6Iq/kSsRDhFgwD7TH8yic3BG8C/k3xXBZebm1gqk6zpsdFhzi0vatcSBHLRXKww2ewWuiPwaOtBSPU5HrX;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <4cf7d223.1d70e50a.1cda.fffffffbSMTPIN_ADDED@mx.google.com>
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportemail@example.com>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <id8jd2+6db0@eGroups.com> <4cf7d223.1d70e50a.1cda.fffffffbSMTPIN_ADDED@mx.google.com>
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
also to have general idea watch this channel tutorials specially
On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 6:06 PM, Linda Lawrie <linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Rather than just reading the tutorial sections, it might be
better to try to follow one through.
The education in the getting started shows what you might get from an
architect and go forward with. At the same time,
OpenStudio/Sketchup might be more useful if you GOT a sketchup file from
Also, don't forget the EnergyPlus Example File Generator
application. Very useful for generic buildings to start out
with. And then you might modify in Sketchup.
I know, architects will design much more fanciful facades than the EEFG
will produce (but then again, for an energy analysis you don't need ALL
the bells and whistles (and nooks and crannies) of a building to produce
an accurate energy simulation. Again, the education center tutorial
in the GettingStarted manual talks about those kinds of issues.
Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.