[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: problem with output cooling/heating loads

Fernando,

It's certainly possible to have both in the summer. If your heating and cooling setpoints are close together, you could have situations when the cooling system keeps the temperature moderate during the day and then as the outdoor temperature drops at night, heating may be required.

If *apparent* simultaneous heating and cooling are being reported for a single zone, this indicates that your reporting frequency is lower than the time step frequency. This can be misleading...

If you want to prevent heating in summer, play with the schedules (e.g., set heating setpoint in summer to something ridiculously low).

Hope that helps,

Liam O'Brien