From: Brouchery Herve <brouchery.herve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wed, Dec 8, 2010 10:09 am
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Modeling a plenum

Dear users,
I was wondering how to model a plenum in EnergyPlus. Should we create two zones : the room below and the 30/40 cm wide plenum as another zone ? or should we include it in the construction of the roof ?
Indeed Iâ??m currently investigating the influence of a partial plenum only (instead of a complete one) on the temperature in the local (inertia of concrete, accumulation of heat and distribution of this heat at night,?).
Any piece of advice would be well appreciated.
Hervé