[EnergyPlus_Support] SWH?DHW Peak Demand Energy Use

Hello All,

I have two models of which one is water-cooled chilling, and the other is air-cooled. I have DHW system modeled in both models similarly with same WaterHeater:Mixed, same WaterUse:Equipment and Connections, and with same Circulation Pump, and schedule. I get the same Total Annual Energy Use (Natural Gas) in both models, but the Peak Demand Energy Use is different, the water-cooled chiller has lesser peak demand energy use than the air-cooled model. Is this wrong or is it possible at all? Would the cooling tower dump heat to the plant loop which the DHW system might find useful? It would be great if someone can throw light on this.

Thank you.

Regards,
Vinay