Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: How to make a weather file?

The .def file should have the same name as the raw data file that you have.  For example, if your raw data file is named  ABCDEF1234.dat then the .def should be named ABCDEF1234.def.  In the Weather Converter, select 'custom' as the file type.  That requires a .def file.  The .def file tells the Weather Converter how to convert the file--units and conversion factors included.