Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Primary/Secondary Hydronic Loops

Mike:

In addition to the documentation, also check out the example files that come with EnergyPlus.  They will seem much less daunting, and not only give you a feel of the program's capabilities, but also how to actually implement them in a model.  For example, the two files:

 ** CommonPipe_Pri-Sec.idf
 ** 5ZoneVAV-Pri-SecLoop.idf

will give examples of primary-secondary hydronic loops, while the file:

 ** HeatPumpSimpleDCV.idf

will give an example of demand controlled ventilation.

A large portion of the input files which contain plant loops will have variable speed pumping, so you can peruse those as necessary.

Edwin Lee
EnergyPlus Development Team