[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Adiabatic wall

Jason,

Thanks for the pointer to "Material:NoMass", we have also realised that we were reporting on the wrong variable to watch energy flow through a surface.  We are now seing zero heat flow through our adiabatic walls.

We needed to report on "Opaque Surface Inside Face Conduction" and ensure "Output:Diagnostics, DisplayAdvancedReportVariables" was set.

We dont have any information on the age of the existing envelope.  Plus New Zelandss legislative framework requiring thermal insulation does not have the ancestry buildings in other countries enjoy.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,

Mark Carey