[EnergyPlus_Support] output meter definition and/ or difference.

I have been using EnergyPlus to model the external energy input for large buildings.  I try to keep the model rather simple, and construct it OpenStudio.

When I try to define my report meters the choices are confusing and I don't always get the same choices project to project.

This time I constructed a 110,000 square foot two story building with about 30% glazing.  Just one zone with the second floor not included in the model.

In any case. I set up an output variable as "Outdoor Dry Bulb " .  Here are a two of the relevant output meters offered by EP that I ran just to compare results.   1) District Cooling:Facility, 2) Cooling Energy Transfer:Zone:Building

Question #1:  For the two meters I chose the results varied by 25% or more when the cooling demand was applied for just say 4 hours out of 24 or more during the winter.  Summer demand was vary consistent between the two meters.  What I found was that Cooling Energy Transfer:Zone:Building was greater than Cooling Energy Transfer:Zone:Building when the two meters did not agree.

Question #2:  How do I evaluate the choices between meters. Are there other meters that are not shown when I make a selection?  Other choices that were offered for this project:1) Cooling Energy Transfer 2) District Cooling:HVAC 3) Cooling"DistrictCooling,  can you explain the differences?

Bill Henry

William R Henry, P.E
Consulting Engineer
San Jose, CA