RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Problem with pumps

The attached schematic may work.  It is the nearest to your original that I can think of.

 Dr. Li

To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: lbarosow@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 12:33:08 -0800
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Problem with pumps

Dear Dr. Li,
Thank you for the suggested solution. I found the diagram but I think that it is for different system than the one I have and if I use it then the components won't be sized correctly.
I've prepared and attached a new scheme, which I think gives a better illustration of the system that I need to model. Basically there is a diesel boiler that supplies all the heat for heating and domestic water use for two zones. The I/O temperatures of the heating system will be 80/60 oC. The tempearture of the DHW will be 65 oC and will be achieved through indirect heating in a water heater (for each zone), using the water from the boiler (80 oC). My original idea was to model each branch after the splitter as a separate demand, but the main problem occured that there are pumps after the splitter. And EnergyPlus says they can't be there. Moreover, the water heaters also must be on the supply side and probably this would generate another error message. I understand that I have to somehow model all the splitter outlet branches including the pumps and water heaters as supply ones but for now I can't find a way to do that. Any help would be highly appreciated!

Best regards!
Lyuben