Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 5:48 PM
Subject: RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] output meter definition and/ or difference.

Dear Bill,

The variables available for a given E+ run depend on the construction and HVAC systems of the model.  Chiller variables, for example, will not be available for an all-DX cooling system.  Available report variables are shown in the .RDD file (after you get the thing to run!) and available meter variables are shown in the .MDD file.

Without looking closely, I think that you have chosen an energy variable (?District Cooling??) and a load variable (??Energy Transfer??).  These will probably differ somewhat and you may be able to figure out why they differ by looking at the .MDD file to see what is included in each.

I?m on the US Eastern time zone, so I?m not able to give this much more attention before bedtime!  I hope that steers you in the right direction.

The Building Performance Team
James V. Dirkes II, P.E., LEED AP
1631 Acacia Drive NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504