Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] (unknown)

The best way to debug this is to look at the edd file to see what your EMS program is doing.

On 2/23/2011 9:10 AM, John Kirby wrote:

Hi. I am having problems using EMS to control the operation of a heat pump based on the Zone Mean Air Temperature.
I want the heat pump to come when the output variable Zone Mean Air Temp is less the heating setpoint and turn off when greater than the heating setpoint (+2*offset). To access the thermostat setpoint schedule, I entered a SENSOR and set the output variable equal to the Heating Loop SP AN. I then set up an actuator to overwrite the schedule. I SET the  ERL sensor Variable equal to actuator name in the program. I was attempting to follow a similar approach to example 2 in the EMS guide but  EMS program is not overwriting the 22 degree setpoint in the hourly schedule.

The room temperature will just remain at 22degrees in the winter months and the program will have no effect. Any suggestions on what to do?

Many Thanks
John

--
Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer

UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years