[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: EMS temperature control

Thank you for your reply.
There are two energy inputs in my heating loop. Energy is input into the HPWH Coil and secondly there is electrical input to drive the   heating loop circulation pump. The 12kW electric heater was not meant for frequent use but rather times when the heat pump needed additional energy to raise the temperature.
I was attempting to just disable the heating loop when the room temperature went above a certain value. After studying example 10 I have decided to disable both the heating loop circulation pump and also turn off the loop. The application guide suggest that skipping either of these can cause mis-matches and flow errors. I have also raised the thermostat set point to ensure it is not interfering with the EMS. It seems to be responding to the EMS program now.
Kindest Regards,
John Kirby