Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] weather data requested

If you are looking for real-time weather, we don't usually supply real-time weather -- but more typical weather for energy studies.

Perhaps others can point you to sources for real time weather if that is what you are looking for.

The EnergyPlus team can provide weather files created using Meteonorm. These are posted on the EnergyPlus YahooGroup under Files > Meteonorm_Weather_Files. Locations are listed alphabetically by continent (WMO region) and country.  More than 300 locations are currently available--look there first before asking for a new weather file.

Information on selecting weather data is described in this paper:
Drury B. Crawley. 1998. "Which Weather Data Should You Use for Energy Simulations of Commercial Buildings?" in ASHRAE Transactions, pp. 498-515, Vol. 104, Pt. 2. Atlanta: ASHRAE. (PDF 197 KB)

PDF: http://energyplus.gov/pdfs/bibliography/whichweatherdatashouldyouuseforenergysimulations.pdf