RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Question about EMS

You  haven’t done anything wrong.  EMS is just not setup to work like that.  The value of the sensor has not yet been re-updated.  The sensors very often have some lag because they are derived from output variables.  Once you set the actuator, the schedule value will altered when something else in the model goes to use that schedule.  But the sensor update occurs when the output variable is updated and that happens elsewhere inside EnergyPlus and not as a result of the setting the actuator.  You don’t really need to poll the sensor for the new value because you already have it.

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Brouchery Herve
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 10:08 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Question about EMS

Hi,

I have a question about the EMS usage.
I implemented a dummy file where I would like to modify a schedule value. Please see the debug traces in the attached file (dummy.edd).

There is a sensor that points to the schedule (Supply_Air_Temperature_Scheduled).
There is an actuator on this schedule (Supply_Air_Temperature_Schedule_Override).
In the idf file, the schedule is defined as a constant value (20).
In an EMS program, I first check the schedule value (line 1).
Then I override the schedule value (line 2).
When I recheck the schedule value (line 3), I would expect to read the modified one but this is not the case...

Did I do something wrong? Please find attached dummy.idf and dummy.edd files.

Many Thanks
Herve