Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] outside boundary condition

Matt-
Great help.  Thank you!
Carla

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 11, 2011, at 12:01 PM, <matthewrlarson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Carla,

My understanding is that for interior ceilings and floors, you have to have the same built-up construction for both, they can have different names but have to be identical materials-wise.  Then you specify the ceiling as a Ceiling Surface Type with the Outside Boundary Condition as Surface and the Outside Boundary Condition Object as the Floor surface that is adjacent.  Then with the floor surface, you specify as a Floor Surface Type with Outside Boundary Condition as Surface and the Outside Boundary Condition Object as the Ceiling surface described above.  The final construction between the two zones ends up being the Construction specified for the floor or ceiling, which is why they need to be the same.  Wish I could show some kind of visual to help but I hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Matthew Larson, LEED AP BD+C
Project Engineer

Energy Solutions Group