RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Example of Unitary in series with HW coil

Dear Jean,

It sounds as though you are doing all of the right things to evaluate your model.  Good for you!  I understand the frustration that you are experiencing, since I have also had similar experiences!

A suggestion:  Create 2 (or more) short RunPeriods, such as 2-7 days in the summer and 2-7 days in the winter, instead of an entire year.  You can actually crate any number of RunPeriods which are in critical parts of the weather year and each of them can be for any length up to 366 days.

I look through the weather year data to find key periods when the weather is appropriate for testing parts of my model, then set the RunPeriods to use those portions.

The Building Performance Team
James V. Dirkes II, P.E., LEED AP
1631 Acacia Drive NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504