RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Example of Unitary in series with HW coil

p.s., ?Occupied? is considered to be whenever people are present in a zone.

(From memory) the Night Cycle Availability Manager operates its Air Loop normally during the scheduled hours of the fan schedule referenced in the object.  For all other hours, the availability manager cycles the air loop to maintain the proper setpoint.

If your fan cycles during normal schedule hours, there is not too much difference in operation, I think.  Also the Help desk told me recently that the NightCycle manager has a bug which prevents I from operating correctly.  Below is the message I got from them?

We recently fixed a bug in the night cycle availability manager. This availability manager was not able to turn on the fan in the first few days of the simulation.

After the first few days of actual simulation, it operated properly.

Also it was working fine during the warmup days i.e. it used to turn the fan on whenever the zone conditions were beyond the set point (+/-) tolerance but once the warmup is over night cycle manager used to take several days to operate until the simulation time of actual simulation exceeded the simulation time of warmup days. The problem can be seen by running the simulation for first few days and reporting during warmup.

This problem will be fixed in the next release of EnergyPlus.

There should not be any problem with the same fan schedule being referenced by multiple managers. Because fan schedule and night cycle availability manager schedule are used to determine NoAction status i.e.

if the fan is schedule on or the availability manager is scheduled off, then the night cycle availability status will be set to NoAction. Internally, NoAction is used by EnergyPlus but it is not reported correctly. So the csv might show that the night cycle availability manager is turning the fan on while it is actually doing NoACtion. This issue will also be fixed in the next release.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Chandan

<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx