To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: ishan_mht@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 19:09:55 +0530
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Print Utility for the IDF File

Hello,
I am currently trying to make a utility that takes an idf file along with the corresponding idd file and with the help of the idd file print out the idf file in more readable format.So far I have parsed the idd file and created an xml version of it by tagging the classes and fields appropriately.
Now using this xml version of the idd file I am trying to print out the idf file along with the corresponding field names.
I would like some suggestions as to how to go about printing the whole file as certain classes have a long list of field names and just printing out all the objects as a list in sorted alphabetical order will still make it cumbersome to view.
I'd be happy if some of you'll could suggest any possible output formats that you'll may have in mind.
Regards,
Ishan