Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Dependency between IDF and weather files

The inclusion of a weather file overwrites any specified location in the IDF file.

For Ground Temperatures, you can use the GroundHeatTransfer:* objects and have the basement/slab preprocessors run for each file.  You can read about using these in the IORef or Auxiliary Programs document.

You can use the SizingPeriod object for the weather file (e.g., SizingPeriod:WeatherFileConditionType), but these will not necessarily represent the design conditioins for the location.

Links in the Macro Data Set file "Locations-DesignDays" will yield SizingPeriod:DesignDay definitions for WMO regions.