[EnergyPlus_Support] Dependency between IDF and weather files

Hello everybody,

Sorry for the possibly very naive question...

I thought that the IDF files were independent from the location, and
consequently from the weather files, what explains why the idf and the
weather file are two independent input parameters when launching the
energyplus simulation.

But while checking more carefully some existing IDF files, I found that
there are many things related to the location/weather that are
hard-coded in the IDF file:
- Site: Location
- SizingPeriod:DesignDay
And specially:
-Site:GroundTemperature

Then comes the question: is there a way of having IDF files totally
independent from the location/weather files?
I know in practice this is not very usual, but let's say that, for some
reason, I want to evaluate the energy performance of a given building in
both Miami and Chicago...

And is there a "SizingPeriod:DesignDay" database easily available somewhere?

Thanks lot for your attention,
Álvaro.