RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Zone FanCoils and an AHU

Hi, Vieira

Yesterday, I recommended 5ZoneFPIU.idf in the Examplefiles folder to look at, because it has four pipe PIU.

I found another example  5ZoneVAV-Pri-SecLoop.idf which only have reheat in the PIU, but the way the objects are listed are much easier to follow.

In the first. IDF, the format is the one after sorting by the IDFeditor.  All objects of the same types are group together.   The second one groups all the objects of the same zone together.  It is alot easier to follow.  If you are entering by text file, the whole zone objects can be copied in one block  and the zone name prefix changed using find and replace in one block.

In your case after the simulation is successful, the zone thermostat, air terminal, PIU, and dedicated schedules, people, lights, etc. can all be in one block, and then repeated it for 72 blocks, minus those used for AHU's.  The AHU equivalent is in SPACE-5-1.
======================
The following is an EPlus MACRO example:

##def  mZonePIU [ SPACE-1 ]
ZoneControl:Thermostat,
    SPACE1-1 Thermostat,     !- Name
    SPACE1-1,                !- Zone or ZoneList Name
    COMPACT HVAC-ALWAYS 4,   !- Control Type Schedule Name
    ThermostatSetpoint:DualSetpoint,  !- Control 1 Object Type
    All Zones Dual SP Control;  !- Control 1 Name

  Sizing:Zone,
    SPACE1-1,                !- Zone Name
    14,                      !- Zone Cooling Design Supply Air Temperature {C}
    50,                      !- Zone Heating Design Supply Air Temperature {C}
    0.008,                   !- Zone Cooling Design Supply Air Hu
Sorry, I made a mistake in the question, I mean 4pipe fan coil and not 2 pipe fan coil.

I am now trying to connect the AHU directly to the zone and the 4PipeFanCoil also directly to the zone. Just having a bit of trouble to put no outdoor air from the FanCoil, I just want fresh air from the AHU. So now I have two zone air inputs and one exhaust and return node.

Later I will try the UnitVentilator instead, I think it will produce the same results as the FourPipeFanCoil without the outside air input. Is this correct?

Thank-you