From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of omarvelling
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 12:06 PM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Controlling windows in one zone based on the temperature of a non-adjacent zone

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to control the opening/closing of windows in one zone based on the temperature of another zone in the model not adjacent to the first. This is because I'm trying to emulate passive downdraught evaporative cooling (PDEC) in a multi-storey office building. For Simplicity, I'm starting with a single office floor model that consists of three zones; a PDEC zone, an ATRIUM zone (spanning three floors in height), and an OFFICE zone. I've uploaded a schematic of the model to the user exchange folder in the files section:

<http://energyplus.helpserve.com>http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

<http://www.energyplus.gov>http://www.energyplus.gov