RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: AHU with plate heat exchanger and no mixing box, possible?

Dear Andrea,

The HX object is convinced that flows should never fall outside the 50-130% range. (I?m hoping that E+ improves this limitation in a future release, since it has caused me problems, too!) This calculation is based on the Air Loop flow at the HX.  If you are using a constant volume system, this should be easy to fix; one or more of your flows do not agree / coincide.

If you have a VAV system or are using an economizer with variable outdoor air flow across the HX, you?re not going to avoid these errors.  I don?t think the errors cause serious inaccuracies in the model, however, but I have not checked it in detail.

You may be able to add a zone HX which accomplishes the equivalent thermodynamic process, depending on the actual system you are attempting to model.

The Building Performance Team
James V. Dirkes II, P.E., LEED AP, BEMP
1631 Acacia Drive NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504