If I am not wrong, these "extra lines" ("distortions") are in horizontal surfaces only and are absent in vertical surfaces. You have modeled it in Sketchup, where you can model horizontal surfaces of any polygonal shape, like a L shape or T shape etc. In my experience I have seen that E+ gives these "extra lines" when surfaces have more than 4 vertices. You can check the same in your model. What you can do is, divide your model's surfaces (which have more that 4 vertices) into two or more rectangles. I hope this will help you out.

I am not very sure whether these "extra lines" will have any effect on different outputs or it is just a visualization issue. Can anyone throw some light on it.

Vaibhav

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 5:22 PM, yusuf priyambodo <yusuf085225@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This is the images,, Vertex1 and Vertex2 are those that distort.

thank you.

From: Vaibhav Jain <vaibhav.energyarchitect@xxxxxxxxx>
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; yusuf085225@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, April 28, 2011 5:53:33 PM
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] vertex error

Can you show images of those distortions?

Vaibhav

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 3:21 PM, yusuf085225 <yusuf085225@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hi,,, i really confused about my problem.. i built my building with Google SketchUp + Open studio,,and there is no warning about my drawing,
when i edit the idf file with idf editor on "solar distribution" for example i use "FullExterior" and then simulate it, why the vertex drawing i look at DXF file become distracted? and when i change Solar distribution become "MinimalShadowing" the vertex become normal again?
why this happened?

Yusuf

http://groups..yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/

=======