[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: [Equest-users] equest and energy plus outputs
- To: Paul Diglio <paul.diglio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: [Equest-users] equest and energy plus outputs
- From: deepika khowal <deepika.khowal@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 08:56:34 -0700
- Cc: Pasha Korber-Gonzalez <pasha.pkconsulting@xxxxxxxxx>, energyplus_support <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, equest-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 10:01:58 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1304006517; bh=w4zkxY8gEQ/zrAqJIlijDny36x/najJk1aKLDTWdTTg=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:Received:Received:Received:DKIM-Signature:Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:References:Message-ID:To:Cc:X-Originating-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-eGroups-Approved-By:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type; b=nOpTKClwgB0cWFARYLgX6V72VCSiMs7nsDMNYwc7DbJjTyd0CVY2lteWRXQyYccFSsJSfrBbsOEmC2AWoDwYDS6Zn6nShIXYMfQJyMTV44Y4SCIHcU3zaNsd7n/MqS4T
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1304006505; bh=1cB7L9LfvvdEu2Wrr+05J7ELJKxdrQLUtFUEeMnchEE=; h=Received:Received:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:MIME-Version:X-Received:X-Received:In-Reply-To:References:Date:Message-ID:To:Cc:Content-Type:X-Originating-IP:From:Subject:X-Yahoo-Group-Post:X-Yahoo-Profile:X-YGroups-SubInfo:Sender:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-eGroups-Approved-By:X-eGroups-Auth; b=tKzfL2ugbKv5eUgkBaHNRTbgsdTRybkHoC4XS4ItylX0dEq5urdy9mn79NXxpsLyeVb1FSmTjmiYHJBgczItcdbZAjOkP6OINzRPeob4tKRUe0EEP9qpPoeBbBgmnDsN
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=lima; d=yahoogroups.com; b=eBrp6qLzrH8mben3YPGPoEOehrSKU2tUHI7Yu5aFSFP5zZvwA8Ly5hkemfFzoQ2duRI5jn2iTLXtJigaP8kbQEzApvx2QJ8DsYsSigtcdaLbGc/5LQWtlIm2MD51ujX/;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportemail@example.com>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <BANLkTi=9ijLhE3ZDfMHssXvcHE3jVUHGuA@mail.gmail.com> <4DB8BD91.firstname.lastname@example.org> <BANLkTikRJ717g82komt6AyLw7PSurYfLJg@mail.gmail.com> <BANLkTim+hB=65CUk8LPCTF26Vwotid02og@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
As Joe and others mentioned, its really difficult to create all parameters same in both softwares.
I am still working on it .
For ex, which system should I use in equest as equivalent to unitary system in E+?
I understand its difficult to match every input and hence, getting same results is very tricky.
Thanks all for their inputs
On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 4:54 AM, Paul Diglio <paul.diglio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I thought E+ is a free program? I would be interested to hear from anyone who has used Google SketchUp and the Open Studio Plug-in to generate a 3D view in E+.
I would like to hear more about the discrepancies between eQuest and E+ from those who use both programs.
From: Pasha Korber-Gonzalez <pasha.pkconsulting@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: deepika khowal <deepika.khowal@xxxxxxxxx>
energyplus_support <EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; equest-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, April 28, 2011 1:27:44 AM
Subject: Re: [Equest-users] equest and energy plus outputs
Hmmm- an energy plus model showed 50% less energy use (EUI) than eQuest? Did you use the same weather files? (i.e. convert the EPW you used in E+ to .bin and use the same weather file in eQuest?)
If this is truly the case, this is unsettling as a simulator. Wouldn't it be safer for our clients to error on the conservative side and give the eQuest results instead of the E+ results?
Also--if this is the case, then what is the market advantage to spending thousands of dollars on E+ software rather than use the FREE-ware eQuest program??
I'd appreciate any commentary to help me "see the light" of this topic. And if Deepika is willing to share a visual of his energy results output, I'm super curious to see what it is showing...
Good question/good info...thanks,
Korber Energy Consultants
On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 7:11 PM, deepika khowal <deepika.khowal@xxxxxxxxx>
Even I realized the same thing. the total energy use in Energy plus was almost 50% less than equest.
If this is the case, who would you know that you model is working fine?
On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Joe Huang <yjhuang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I was involved in a two year project 2005-2007 to convert the Calif. Energy Commission's Title-24 certification suite of building tests from DOE-2.1E to EnergyPlus. There are some areas where it's difficult to get comparable inputs due to differences or limitations in the models. The differences between the two programs varied a lot depending on the building, weather, and HVAC system. For the CEC certification suite of 160 runs, cooling results were more consistent, within 10% in most cases, with EnergyPlus almost always on the high side; for heating, the differences were much greater, sometimes with EnergyPlus being 40-60% lower than DOE-2.1E. I have a 120-page report on this comparison, but haven't bothered to put it on the Web.
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 108D
Moraga CA 94556
"building energy simulations at your fingertips"
deepika khowal wrote:
I am trying to create same model in equest and energy plus to see whether i see same results and just to validate my simulation files.
has anyone done this before?
I would like to know what is the % difference in both software outputs?
Equest-users mailing list
To unsubscribe from this mailing list send a blank message to EQUEST-USERS-UNSUBSCRIBE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.
Email scanned by PC Tools - No viruses or spyware found.
(Email Guard: 220.127.116.11, Virus/Spyware Database: 6.17390)