[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EnergyPlus_Support] Earth tubes for cooling simulation help
- To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Earth tubes for cooling simulation help
- From: "wasilqayyum" <wasilqayyum@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 16:19:52 -0000
- Delivered-to: mailing list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Sun, 22 May 2011 10:19:54 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1306081194; bh=ARB0/+lZqYeCPPaRC0fSgIo3Mm0HdC9vXkw5A6aCKrc=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:To:Message-ID:User-Agent:X-Mailer:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:X-Yahoo-Post-IP:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=nHa+5XAzEFYn15cRzrfJiCAWy3+wnEqGMCjS9agO1z+KCEaJU+j+wtM/jAhjS2knvxyC2jvvB/W3z7/rOb0MQPlMWJ/byDmRNnTM8DfNF/iepq8uauiPGT7QRTJuT5tk
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=lima; d=yahoogroups.com; b=gXzkvDJXu5BQQnxbk5Ppf/P/nNkhkdx/HrsZeXdptuPA9ExIuySdV0hpiqP0X7fO6b/rWK9I7jF8dbcKBd3UdrbwVUtLKc0fOzGB5Wb/ik0evcJ/8aTkXz7jqkFfKf/h;
- Envelope-to: linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- List-id: <EnergyPlus_Support.yahoogroups.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:EnergyPlus_Supportemail@example.com>
- Mailing-list: list EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; contact EnergyPlus_Support-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Reply-to: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: eGroups-EW/0.82
I've just started using Energyplus with Openstudio and Google SketchUp.
I am trying to simulate Earth tubes for pre-cooling during summer for a desert climate (specifically U.A.E).
I have a few queries regarding the earth-tubes in IDF editor.
1) Since the ambient air temperature is generally high (40s) the tubes will only be used for cooling, therefore, what temperature should I enter for the Maximum zone temperature when "heating"?
2) The last four parameters to enter are Constant (A), Temperature (B), Velocity (C) and Velocity squared (D) Term Flow Coefficient. Can someone please guide me on how to calculate these values? I looked at the input/output reference but it says "It is part of the user specified modifying parameters that are a function of environmental factors". Can someone please provide some insight on that.
Primary EnergyPlus support is found at:
http://energyplus.helpserve.com or send a message to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx
The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
The group web site is:
Attachments are currently allowed but be mindful that not everyone has a high speed connection. Limit attachments to small files.
EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable. Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the Documentation link and press the "search" button.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: