[EnergyPlus_Support] Running EnergyPlus simulation using the Dos Prompt Box

Hi there Eplus users,

I am currently trying to use matlab to run Energyplus. Therefore, I am trying to find the dos prompt commands that calls up EnergyPlus and as a result runs the simulation.

I have read Two sections in the Auxiliary Programs document:

 1.  Running Console Applications.

 2.  Technical details of Running EnergyPlus.  Including, in particular, the sections "RunEPlus batch file", "Running EnergyPlus by hand", "RunEPlus details".

The RunEplus batch file takes two arguments 1) The input file name and the 2) weather file name.

I copied "Exercise 1C" and "USA_IL_Chicago-OHare.Intl.AP.725300_TMY3" files in the EnergyplusV6-0-0 folder where the RunEplus file is located.

I can successfully run the simulation when I type "RunEplus(Space)Exercise1C(Space)USA_IL_Chicago-OHare.Intl.AP.725300_TMY3" in the DOS prompt window, however when I bring in my own input file say "Test.idf" and the weatherfile "Greenville.epw" into the same folder and try running it. I get a message saying the files could not be located as well as "in.idf" file missing.

Could someone please let me know what I am doing wrong. And, where I need to save my input file, weather file, for the Dos prompt command to successfully locate it.

Thanking you in advance.
Niraj Poudel